Monday, June 15, 2020

pete winslow foreward and poem

"I see him in my future. He has selected my worst poems, from the years when I was most harried and short of poetic breath, and is using them as a pretext for some bland aesthetic doctrine. Well that's all right...let him...I'm more careful now...I leave time bombs around disguised as poems - even the connoisseur of duds gets his eyes opened once in a while."   
                                           
                           - Pete Winslow, forward to "A Daisy In The Memory Of A Shark"


Poem Written in Glyphs

(vision of paradise)   (total despair)
(determined preparation for death)   (god in a sedan chair)
(lightning flash)   (earthquake on java)   (thor)
(five minutes of radio noises)
(hell)   (uncle tom's cabin)
(completion party for stonehenge)   (nursery rhymes)
(rivoli burlesque seattle 1949 our regular seats)
(philip describing alchemy)   (egyptian ship of the dead)
(vestigial tail)
(the bubbling of the stomach magnified and arranged)   (zen)
(spiritual apocalypse)   (alarm clock)